The "Bonsai Tree" is a beautiful indoor plant that despite its small size, is a piece of art that requires diligence, knowledge, dedication, and sincere love to keep it in good healthy condition.
This plant has a rich history and its cultivation dates back to 2000 years ago with the earliest written evidence about them, found in records of ancient Chinese dynasties.
Bonsai's need more care than the average house plant so would make an excellent gift to those green-fingered friends.
- Likes bright light but not intense direct sunlight.
- Check the soil regularly & water as soon as the soil begins to feel dry.
- Make sure the roots are kept moist
- May need daily watering in hot summer weather, but two to three times per week should suffice throughout the rest of the year for smaller trees, and once or twice a week for the larger varieties.
- The best way to water is to immerse the pot under water in
a sink for 5-10 minutes, allow to drain and return to its position.
- Trim any unruly shoots. Allow trees to develop 2 to 3 sets of new leaves before pruning back to the first set of leaves at the top of the tree, and second or third at the sides
- Re-pot your bonsai as soon as the roots fill the pot.
Care Level Rating: Medium- Difficult
Notes: These varieties can be placed outdoors during the summer.